Friday, August 10, 2012

The most awesomest thing Trader Joe's has ever had

Trader Joe's Cocoa Almond Spread
Heaven In A Jar


Recently we read that Italy's Ferrero group, which makes the chocolate/hazelnut spread Nutella, settled a lawsuit for false advertising claims. I don't know what claims they were making, because there are still Nutella ads on my TV claiming that the stuff is a great breakfast food. Now, I'm a woman who keeps a candy dish full of Viactiv Calcium Chews on my desk at work, so I know the value of Good Stuff In Candy form. But even I'm not foolish enough to think that Nutella is a healthy part of a complete breakfast.

But still -- it's hard to beat the combination of flavors that is nuts + chocolate. Which brings us to the wonderfulness that is Trader Joe's Cocoa Almond Spread. This is supposed to basically be almond butter with cocoa in it, but this stuff is heaven in a jar. It's less oily than Nutella, less messy than Nutella, and less sickeningly sweet than Nutella. You could frost a cake with this stuff. This cocoa almond spread may not be part of a good breakfast, but you should definitely pick up a jar and keep it behind glass along with a spoon. On the glass you should write in Sharpie, "In Case of Really Bad Day, Break Glass." Believe me, you'll be glad you have it when you need it.

No comments: